Many people are not aware that most disease and illnesses such as cancer, strive in acidic environments. Many foods that individuals consume regularly actually negatively disrupt the alkaline balance in our body. These foods produce acid that can throw off our pH balance, which unfortunately makes us susceptible to cancer and other disease and illnesses. Ultimately, these acidic foods should be avoided, as it is essential to have more of an alkalized diet for the promotion of vitality and disease prevention.
Specifically, the acid-reducing diet that I am referring to consists of reducing or eliminating meat and other animal products, most dairy products, wheat products, caffeine and alcohol.
This is very difficult, even myself has a hard time eliminating certain foods. However, the important thing is that we try, whenever possible to reduce consuming these foods that unfortunately cause the formation of acid.
The main foods to avoid/eliminate are:
- Beef, veal and pork and all cold cuts.
- Wheat, both whole and refined grains.
- Canned tuna.
- Coffee and black tea.
- Beer and liquor.
- Artificial sweeteners and sweetened fruit juice.
- Pickled vegetables.
- Highly processed foods.
- White sugar.
On the contrary, the foods that actually alkalize our bodily environment include:
- Most vegetables (beets, carrots, peppers, garlic, squash, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, potatoes, etc.), especially leafy green vegetables.
- Grapefruit, lemon and lime. (Acidic in their natural state, but are alkaline once metabolized)!
- Green and herbal tea.
- Lentils, nuts and dried fruits (avocado, coconut, almonds, raisins, apricots, bananas, dates etc.).
- Olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil.
- Tofu and soybeans.
- Spelt and kamut.
As I mentioned, it is difficult to entirely consume a high alkaline diet, therefore the best way to ensure a healthy, balanced diet is to strive to consume about 80% of alkaline foods, and the other 20% acidic. This is especially important, since some acidic foods are necessary for proper nutrition.
Just remember, cancer cannot survive in an alkaline diet, so this diet can be considered much like an anti-cancer diet.