I love this salad for two reasons. It’s absolutely delicious and it’s undoubtedly healthy. In fact, I don’t think there is one component of this salad that would make this dish unhealthy. The almonds add the perfect crunch, as the blend of dried cranberries add that little bit of tangy sweetness. Flavoured by the bold Moroccan spices, I think this salad is very tasty. It’s simple to make, perfectly flavoured, and nutritious. What more can you ask for in a salad?
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon grape-seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 to 5 carrots, peeled and shredded or julienned
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Toast almonds in a pan for 2 minutes on medium heat. Set aside and let almonds cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, apple-cider vinegar, grape-seed oil, honey and water.
- In a bowl, add cranberries, almonds, shredded carrots, and add dressing. Mix well before serving.
Add cilantro for extra flavour and colour.