While enjoying this salad, I discovered a perfect match… Beets and goat cheese. These two foods tastes so good together The goat cheese really corresponds well with the beets, as the salty taste and creamy texture suits the firm, sweet beets.
The orange pieces add a nice sweetness and the walnuts add the perfect crunch. Finally, the vinaigrette really complements the orange and brings together the salad perfectly. Overall, this salad is fresh and bursts with flavour.
Orange Infused Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup beets, peeled, steamed and sliced
- some goat cheese
- handful of walnuts
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Place mixed greens, beets, walnuts and goat cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Skin and cut half the orange into little pieces. Add to salad bowl. Reserve the other half for the vinaigrette.
- Juice the remaining half an orange. Add the juice to a small, separate bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, parsley, rosemary, and green onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, and pour over salad.