I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, and I have to thank Samantha at Food Flavor Fascination for this! This is pretty exciting to me, as it’s my very first award. The German word Liebster means beloved, dearest, and favourite, and this award is meant for inspiring blogs. I started this blog with hopes to inspire people to live a healthier life, all while enjoying good food, so I appreciate that my blog has been recognized!
Rules for the Liebster Award:
Post eleven facts about yourself.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
Remember, no tag backs.
Here it Goes…Eleven Random Facts about Me:
- I used to be a vegetarian about 8 or 9 years ago… it lasted for 2 years.
- I have a younger brother who is intelligent and incredibly talented at graphic design.
- I’m passionate about music and I appreciate many different styles.
- My favourite colour is black.
- I am extra cautious.
- I’m definitely a clean freak.
- I used to play an electric guitar.
- I love vegetables.
- I despise meat in tomato sauce.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree
- I’m terrified of open water.
Questions Set for Me:
1. What’s your favorite TV show?
I hardly watch TV, but anything on The Food Network is definitely my fav.
2. Do you have a special talent?
I have a heightened sense of smell. This usually works to my disadvantage though.
3. Where would you go for a dream vacation?
I would love to stay in one of those huts on the water in Bora Bora. I love seclusion, and that would be unreal.
4. Who is your hero?
Hands down, my mom. She’s an amazing person, inside and out and I look up to her. She’s always there for me and puts her kids first. Always.
5. What is your ultimate burger?
My ultimate burger would probably include a thin cut of lean meat, seared to perfection with a lot of mixed greens, the perfect BBQ sauce, and maybe some blue cheese.
6. What is your dream job?
I would love to be my own boss and run my own company of some sort, in the health and wellness industry. I also want to one day write successful cookbooks that promote good health.
7. Do you have any pets?
I have a dog, his name is Buckey. He’s about 11lbs, but he’s actually a lion at heart…
8. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
Religion and philosophy come as a tie. I’m intrigued by learning about the different religions of the world, and I also find it fascinating to learn about the nature of reality, and all of the various ideologies.
9. If you could go back in time, what era would you go to and why?
I would choose to experience the 60s. It seemed very ‘wild and dreamy.’ The rock & roll, the freedom, the artistic exploration, all of which really attract me to this era.
10. What is your favorite dish?
This is a tough one, but I grew up with having pasta with a good, plain, fresh tomato sauce. I don’t think I could ever go wrong with that, and it’s a dish I really never get sick of.
11. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
I am a very modest person, but I think I love that I have a big heart and because of that I’m very kind and compassionate. That’s probably my best trait.
Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
What’s the number one thing that excites you?
If you could choose to improve something about yourself, what would it be?
Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Where do you wish to see yourself in 10 years?
What is your favourite hobby?
What is your favourite style of music?
What meal would you refer to as your comfort food?
What are you most proud of about yourself?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Salad or fries?
- When was the happiest time in your life?
Eleven Nominees Whom I Believe are Worthy of Gaining The Liebster Award: