This is a quick, yet completely satisfying dish that can be ready in just half an hour. This Italian inspired meal consists of succulent shrimp smothered in a lightly spicy tomato sauce, infused with white wine, garlic, a hint of onions and Italian seasoning. Adding shrimp to pasta is an easy way of incorporating some light protein and amazing taste.
- Package of Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 398 mL can of tomatoes (diced and skinned)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry, white wine
- pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add wine, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook until thoroughly pink. Check to make sure sauce is seasoned enough with salt and pepper.
- Serve over top of linguine, or pasta of choice, and garnish with a sprig of parsley.