Lemon, parmesan, and roasted garlic are the three fundamental ingredients that make this pasta dish what it is. The three flavours combined make a fragrant, delicious trio. The taste of roasted garlic is so great and really adds a nice roasted flavour to this meal. Instead of using cream or other fattening ingredients to make a sauce, yogurt is definitely a healthier alternative. This pasta dish is a light, tasty and healthy meal.
- whole-wheat spaghetti (can substitute with whole-grain or gluten-free pasta)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice.
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 6-8 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- handful of fresh parsley for topping
- Lightly coat garlic in butter and roast the head of garlic in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. See picture below. In the meantime, cook the pasta accordingly.
- Combine lemon juice, zest, yogurt, 5-6 tablespoons parmesan (reserve the rest for later), salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- When garlic is done, remove skin and slightly mash garlic, set aside.
- In a large pan, heat butter on medium-low heat and add roasted garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Combine spaghetti and sauce. Mix well, until evenly coated.
- Transfer to an oven-safe, bowl. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Add extra parmesan and fresh lemon juice to your plate for extra flavour.