Traditionally, chocolate truffles are filled with a ganache-type centre, made with heavy cream or butter, but these bite-sized treats are made differently and are pretty much guilt-free. These delicious and creamy truffles are made with melted chocolate and three special ingredients, which include yogurt, almond butter, and hemp seeds. These healthful ingredients help to set these truffles aside from the traditional and more fattening variation. They taste amazing and are the perfect little treat.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pain yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler.
- Mix in almond butter and hemp seeds.
- Fold in yogurt until evenly incorporated.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Form truffles using 1 teaspoon of the mixture. Roll truffles in cocoa powder and freeze for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.