Traditional potato salad is usually high in fat, as it typically contains mayonnaise and sometimes butter. A healthier, lighter version is ideal, but that definitely doesn’t mean a lack of taste (as some may assume). This potato salad is so delicious and fresh. It makes a great side dish at any BBQ and is lower in fat and calories, than the traditional potato salad.
The special ingredient… Greek yogurt. Yogurt contains probiotics, and it’s not only just beneficial to our health, but it also makes a super creamy dressing, perfect for potato salad.
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cooked.
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig of celery, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint (or herb of choice)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Once potatoes are at room temperature, chop and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Add dressing to potatoes, mix well until evenly coated
- Store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.