Pan-seared scallops with crunchy apple salad… Just the name sounds gourmet. When my brother told me he was going to be making a special dish created by his food idol, Gordon Ramsay, I immediately couldn’t wait to try it. Gordon Ramsay is pretty much a food god and my brother (an aspiring gastronome) is always intrigued by the way he uses the simplest ingredients and creates such a gourmet masterpiece of a meal with them. It’s important to always use the freshest ingredients, nothing processed or artificial, as this ensures the most flavour, taste and nutrition of course.
This meal is composed of three main ingredients; scallops, mixed greens, and green apple. The seasoning and dressing is made up of lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, how simple? The flavours all fuse together just perfectly and create amazing taste. I have to say that this dish was delicious! Thanks Gordon… And thanks to my brother for introducing me to this easy and simple, yet completely gratifying dish.
- 6 large scallops
- 1 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- mixed greens (enough for 2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Dressing Ingredients
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and lay them clockwise, so you can remember which ones to flip first.
- Flip scallops when they turn golden brown on the bottom. When both sides are a nice golden brown colour, add lemon juice to pan, making sure to coat the scallops with the lemon juice.
- Place mixed greens and apple sticks in a bowl. Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and add to salad.
- Plate scallops with salad and garnish with extra lemon zest.