This pasta is truly effortless to make, very light, fresh and also delicious. The garlic flavours are just flowing through, and the citrus juices really bring out the sweet yet sharp flavour of the Asiago cheese. This meal proves the Italian way, that you can make a wonderful meal out of such simple, fresh ingredients.
Both cayenne pepper and lemon juice are beneficial ingredients, as they help our body in many different ways. Some may think that the acidity of the lemon juice, or the spiciness of cayenne would have adverse effects on our digestive system, however contrary to that belief, they have many health benefits.
A light and fresh pasta that's so quick and easy to make. Perfect for a summer's lunch.
- 1 serving of angel hair pasta
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- shavings of Asiago cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- In a medium-sized pan heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- Add pasta to the pan with parsley, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Toss and mix well for about half a minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve with shavings of Asiago cheese and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe is intended for one person. To serve for more, simply double the amount of ingredients.
* The above cook time includes cooking the pasta