Ever since my family and I have invested in a high powered blender, we have been having daily smoothies filled with fresh fruits, nut milks, various superfoods and other great ingredients. This time I felt like switching it up and making a smoothie used as the ‘milk’ to my cereal. May seem a bit strange, but it works and it’s so satisfying and delicious.
This can be made with really any fruit of choice along with whatever cereal or granola you desire. It’s simple and a nice change from your typical bowl of cereal.
Enjoy it as a healthful breakfast, or a refreshing snack. Either way, it’s super healthy and filled with fibre, antioxidants and other nutrients.
- 1 cup mixed berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup granola of choice (add however much you like)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Place berries and almond milk in blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in a bowl with granola, hemp and chia seeds and serve.