This recipe is for all you cookie dough lovers out there. These are raw, wheat-free and dairy-free, chocolate chip cookie dough squares. Imagine having cookie dough for a snack…Way too sinful for the health conscious individual, right? But these squares are just that, without much of the guilt.
While making the ‘dough,’ I couldn’t help but sample little bits from the bowl. This reminded me of making chocolate chip cookies, how I always tend to eat some raw cookie dough off the spoons. The only difference with this recipe, is that the ingredients are all wholesome, with no processed sugar, no eggs, no baking soda or any other baking ingredients that you would normally find in the typical cookie dough recipes.
These squares are definitely a rich treat. They taste like hardened cookie dough with a hint of peanut butter. Since there’s no baking involved, they are quick to whip up. See recipe below for instructions.
- 2.5 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips (can substitute with vegan chips or chocolate of choice)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until evenly incorporated.
- Gradually whisk in oat flour and salt until evenly incorporated.
- Next, fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a small baking pan with plastic wrap and pour the mixture onto the pan.
- Evenly spread out mixture. (I only filled up half of the pan with the mixture and used the extra plastic wrap to spread the mixture evenly, without mess).
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove 'cookie dough' and place on a cutting board. Cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge, until ready to serve.