And if ever there was a daughter who loved her mom more than anything in the world… she would be me.”
Love you mom.
Happy Mother’s Day
This is a traditional crepe recipe. It’s a great dessert to serve on a special day like today. Crepes are so versatile as they can be made either savoury or sweet. This crepe recipe consists of a strawberry compote topping with dark chocolate shavings and a scoop of ice cream. For one of the crepes, I filled it with some strawberry compote and the remainder of the chocolate shavings, while the crepe was still hot. The chocolate melted and it was delicious. Be creative and enjoy.
- 1 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- strawberry compote
- shavings of dark chocolate
- ice cream (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and eggs. Add almond milk, water and butter. Stir to combine.
- On medium heat, heat a large non-stick pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the middle of the pan. In a circular motion, move the pan until the batter evenly coats the surface of the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bottom of the crepe is lightly browned. Using a spatula, flip crepe and cook the other side.
- Fold or roll crepes and serve with shavings of dark chocolate and strawberry compote.