Here’s an easy recipe that is simply perfection. These chicken breasts are marinated and glazed in a sweet and tangy sauce, made with fresh lime juice, organic honey and low-sodium soy sauce. Freshly chopped ginger and garlic are added for natural flavour enhancers. This recipe is made with whole ingredients and uses organic chicken breasts to help lessen any hormone or free-radical build-up.
This is a super quick meal, great for a tasty weeknight dinner. Just combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour into a ziplock bag with the chicken. Let sit for about 20 minutes in the fridge to marinate, then it’s grill time! While the breasts are cooking, the ever-so-tasty marinade is cooked on the stove and then used as a delicious sauce to glaze the chicken.
This sauce is outstanding for chicken, and would work just as well with fish too.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- lime zest for garnish
- In a bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, pepper, garlic, ginger and lime juice.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag with marinade. Set in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
- On a heated grill, cook chicken breasts until done. Be sure to reserve the marinade. I used a double-sided grill, and cooked breasts for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add marinade and cook until it becomes a thick consistency, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and glaze chicken breasts.
- Garnish with lime zest.