So this picture doesn’t give this recipe justice of how delicious it is, but this a great tuna salad substitute for vegetarians. It packs a lot of flavour and protein, perfect for a healthy and filling lunch.
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small carrot, shredded and finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt (optional)
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
In a small bowl slightly mash beans and avocado. Next add the rest of the ingredients, except the goat cheese. Mix well. Spread on a slice of toast or bagel and garnish with some goat cheese. Enjoy.
This can be enjoyed alone or as a dip, and it would even make a perfect spread in a wrap.